KANAWHA PUBLIC SERVICE DISTRICT
14991 MacCorkle Ave.
P.O. Box 8
Cabin Creek, WV 25035
As part of the CARES Act the State of WV has allocated a fund to assist residential customers with unpaid utility bills that were issued from March 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
- Kanawha PSD will process applications for CARES Act assistance for Kanawha PSD customers only. Customers of other entities must contact their respective cities for more information regarding CARES Act assistance.
- Only outstanding bills that were issued from March 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020 are eligible for grant assistance.
- In order to be eligible to receive assistance, you must certify that the unpaid balance is due to COVID19 (ex: loss of job, lower hours, downward trend in business, etc).
- The eligible balance must be outstanding at the time that Kanawha PSD submits the completed request.
- Customers may not be reimbursed or given credit for payments that have previously been paid prior to receipt of grant funds.
- Those customers whose water service has been terminated for nonpayment of sewer fees remain eligible to apply for assistance. However, water service will not be restored until the account delinquency is paid in full and any deposits or fees are also paid.
- Those customers whose water service has not been terminated must fill out and sign a payment plan form in order to ensure the continuation of service. These forms are available at the District’s business office.
- Kanawha PSD customers who apply for grant assistance must continue to remain current on all balances for bills issued prior to March 1, 2020 or issued after July 31, 2020 in order to avoid termination of water service.
- Grant funds are limited. Submitting an application does not guarantee the awarding of grant funds.
- Applications were previously sent to qualifying customers via US mail.
- In order to apply for assistance, you must return a completed application to Kanawha PSD PO Box 8 Chelyan, WV 25035
- Applications must be received by Kanawha PSD no later than the close of business on Thursday, November 12, 2020.
- If you feel like you meet the qualifications above and did not receive an application in the mail, you may contact the District’s business office at 304-595-2203.